Monarch Fire Protection District seeking applicants for the job of Assistant Chief
The Monarch Fire Protection District covers a geographic area of almost 62 square miles in West St. Louis and service more than 60,000 people that live in portions of Ballwin, Chesterfield, Clarkson Valley, Creve Coeur, Maryland Heights, Wildwood and parts of unincorporated St. Louis County. The District operates 5 Engine Houses, a Maintenance Center, an Administration Facility and a Training Tower and has a staff that is made up of more than 125 Firefighter/Paramedics, Fire Prevention Specialists, Officers and Administrative Personnel.
The Monarch FPD is currently searching for an Assistant Fire Chief at its HQ facility at 13725 Olive Blvd. in Chesterfield, MO. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Resumes of candidates are due no later than 4:00pm on Friday, March 14, 2014.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Establishes, within policy guidelines, appropriate service and staffing levels.
• Coordinates, administers, and monitors fire and emergency response activities, personnel, and programs.
• Supervises and participates in the development and administration of the fire department budget.
• Directs the selection, supervision, training, development, and discipline of department personnel.
• Assumes personal command at multiple alarm fires.
• Coordinates mutual fire protection plans, emergency responses, and other department activities with surrounding jurisdictions, other departments, and organizations.
• Confers with officials and community groups and conducts public relations campaigns to present need for changes in laws and policies and to encourage fire prevention.
• Directs investigations into causes of fires and inspections of buildings for fire hazards.
• Makes final interpretation of fire and building regulations, ordinances, codes, and applicable laws to ensure compliance and consistency.
• Coordinates and prepares a variety of plans, reports, presentations, and records.
• Participates in employee relations activities related to the fire department, including providing advice and assistance for management negotiations.
• Master’s Degree (Business or related field) Preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• 3+ Years as Staff Officer
• St. Louis County Fire Academy Or willingness to attend
• 20+ years’ experience in the fire service
• Experience working in a large multi-firehouse District
• Paramedic license required
• Ability to work odd hours as needed
Benefits for the Monarch Fire Protection District Include:
• Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
• Fully paid life insurance (with option to purchase more)
• Paid Vacation (after 1 year)
• Sick days (8 per year)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• Pension plan
• + MORE!
Please send resume with cover letter AND salary expectations on or before 4:0pm, Friday, March 14, 2014 to Lexow.email@example.com or to address below. Interviews are initially scheduled to be conducted on March 19th and 20th 2014.
Monarch FPD, Attention: Human Resources Director
13725 Olive Blvd.
Chesterfield, MO 63017
The Monarch Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.